Rules for turning your lunch break into a fun and healthy moment
- Never skip one meal, especially lunch. It’s a scientific truth that skipping lunch will make us overeat during dinner, resulting in putting on weight. Furthermore, a little snack helps us being productive and alert.
- Don’t eat in front of your computer, it may result in indigestion. Lunch is fundamental for our body but also for our mind, that needs some break and relax. If the weather’s fine, leave your desk and go for a stroll at the park or just sit on a bench surrounded by trees.
- Is it a rainy day? Then spend your lunch time with your colleagues, form bonds.
- Don’t talk about work nor work-related topics. It’s a break, live it as such and just relax.
- Don’t eat alone. Eat in the company of a colleague or a friend, so as to avoid remaining stuck at your desk thinking about work or, even worst, waste your lunch break scrolling social pages- neither option will give any rest to your mind.
- Chew slowly. Digestion begins in the mouth, chewing food. Taste what you’re eating and you’ll see your stomach (and your body) will thank you.
- Be proud of your lunchbox, your colleagues will be impressed by the effort put into your lunch and the fact that this means that you’re taking actual care of yourself. This is probably the most important point.
- Try avoiding smelly foods, so as not to disturb your colleagues’ noses.
- Eat your lunch outside, maybe a park and take a stroll afterward. It will help your digestion and your mind to remain focused on your work or your books for the rest of the day. Continue reading clicking the below button Next >